Memory Loss Photo Phone
Regular home phone too difficult to understand?
A good memory loss phone is needed by many elderly people, especially when they have forgotten how to use a regular phone, or a regular phone is too technical for them, making it less safe to live independently.
Prevent out-going calls to QVC, HSN and other TV ads
Is your elderly mom or dad with dementia ordering things they don't need over the phone from home shopping networks and tv ads they see advertised? Overspending their retirement money as a result? Can't find a way to stop them? Now you can with this phone. Set up the programming so that they can only call the photo images you want, then they can't be buying over the phone with calls they initiate. A good preventive measure for those with dementia/Alzheimer's Disease.
Help for those with dementia - don't be cut off from family
The memory loss picture/photo telephone for people with Alzheimer's/Dementia and other memory loss conditions or inability to understand today's modern, high tech phones, is an extremely easy to use phone for the elderly that may be used by many patients with dementia and Alzheimer's - even in nursing homes. This phone features 10 large photo memory buttons making it easy to know who you are calling. Put whatever you want in the photo memory buttons, from photos of family, doctors, 911, firetruck or whatever works best for you, then just press the photo - just the one button - that is all there is too it - extremely simple. Dimension size of photos: Width 1 inch X Height 1 & 1/2 inch
There is a flip switch that locks in the speed-dial function, so that only pre-programmed numbers can be dialed. The visual indicator lets you see the ringing phone easily in a darkened room without knocking things off of the nightstand.
Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities
This memory loss phone for the elderly is great for nursing homes where you only want the family member to be able to answer the phone, or call family members or friends. You would want to discourage anyone with more advanced dementia from using a telephone keypad as sometimes playing with the the keys can result in expensive international calls.
Allows a Measure of Independence
Memory loss phones such as the Picture Care Photo Phone help those with memory loss remain more independent and help them to remain connected to family and friends, reducing isolation. There is also up to 40dB of adjustable amplification and a loud ringer with visual indicator for those with hearing loss. This phone is hearing aid compatible. The Picture Care phone is also wall mountable.
Won't Lose Programming
Don't Worry - if the phone is disconnected from the phone line, you won't lose the numbers you have programmed. Those numbers are backed up for life - as long as you want them. NO AC adapter or battery required. Works on same line as other phones, even cordless phones.
The photo buttons DO NOT light up. They are meant for dialing out only.
Does this Work with Magic Jack?
Yes, IF you meet the following requirements:
- Any computer with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Intel-based Apple MAC operating system; AND
- One of the following: Broadband, High-Speed Internet, Cable Internet, DSL, WiFi, Wireless or WiMax; AND
- Your present corded telephone or cordless telephone system
- The phone cord from the Magic Jack device to the corded telephone can't be more than 6 feet or it won't connect the call.
- Must have your OWN computer, just using a home or facility WiFi is not sufficient.
- Must have YOUR OWN Magic Jack IF you are using the Magic Jack system.
How to use at nursing homes/assisted living facilities
If using at an assisted living facility/nursing home and you want the user to ONLY reach the nurse for example, you could program ALL the memory buttons for that same telephone number.
When the Switch is set for ONE TOUCH - you lock in only the speed dial function, so users cannot dial phone numbers other than the ones you programmed for each button. This is all you do to make a call - great for elderly who have memory issues
Switch is located on the top side of the phone
"These stored numbers can be dialed in “one touch” mode when the keys are equipped with pictures (photos): - - Lift the handset and await the dial tone.
- Press one of the picture buttons. - The stored number will be dialed automatically."
That is all there is to it. Just leave the switch set to ONE TOUCH and just press a photo and it dials automatically.
IMPORTANT - for NURSING HOME/ASSISTED LIVING USE - -
TO OBTAIN AN OUTSIDE LINE AT A FACILITY:
The Picture Care Photo Phone may be used at facilities such as nursing homes, assisted living and other skilled care facilities. This is an analog phone for residential home use. Some assisted living/nursing home facilities are in commercial type buildings and may have digital phone lines. Ask the facility what they have. If it is digital, you will need to purchase a DSL filter that plugs into the telephone jack at the wall. These are inexpensive, and can be purchased at WalMart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc.
1) press 'store' dial '9' (or whatever the required number is to get an outside line)
2) then press 'redial'
3) then dial the telephone number
4) press 'store' and the corresponding photo
- - DISCONNECT 911 for Nursing Home Use - -
Just program any other number you wish or just the digit "1" into this key by following the directions in the user manual.
NURSING HOME RESIDENTS HAVE LEGAL RIGHTS:
Under Federal law, Medicare and Medicaid, nursing home residents take many of their rights with them, including the right to make and receive phone calls in most instances. Some nursing homes don't want to allow private telephones in the rooms because memory impaired patients with Alzheimer's/Dementia will be making inappropriate phone calls to 911, or accidentally dialing expensive international calls. Many nursing homes are not aware of our Picture Care Photo Phone. This phone can be set up/programmed to not allow the user to make 911 calls. It can be set up so only calls to appropriate persons go through and can only by dialed by using the photos.
You may also like this easy to use tv remote
CLICK ON THIS LINK: https://www.modernseniorproducts.com/tv-remote-control-senior-friendly-p/hc-flipper.htm
Buy your disability aids for elderly at Modern Senior Products. We specialize in products for seniors, elderly & disabled with the most complete product information available and widest selection.
a senior-friendly tv remote that is very easy to use for elderly and those with early dementia. May also be used by anyone that just wants
SHIPS ONLY TO:
Medical Disclaimer: All health and health related information contained within this website and this product page is intended to be general in nature and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website. Do not rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice. Testimonials and reviews do not constitute a guarantee, warranty or prediction.
QUICK PRODUCT FAQS
- Model # FC-1007
- Up to 40dB of amplification for mild to moderate hearing loss
- Loud ringer with visual indicator - makes it easy to find in the dark when ringing
- 10 photo memory buttons - use what you want - photos of people, doctors, police, fire trucks
- Dimensions of photo button photos: Width 1" X Height 1 1/2"
- Same buttons can be used for numeric and photo dialing
- Best phone for elderly because is extremely easy to use, even for patients with Dementia
- Last number redial
- Desk or Wall mountable
- Dimensions: 9 inches (L) X 7 inches (W) X 3 inches (H)
- Ringer: Hi/Lo/Off
- Hearing aid compatible
- Answering machine - NO
- Speakerphone - NO
- Caller ID - No
- Voicemail indicator - NO
- If you choose to dial using numbers, the number is below the photograph
- Alphabetical letters on the keys - NO
- NO - the photos do NOT light up when a call comes (don't know of any easy to use photo phones where the photos light up).
- Magic Jack - please see above - works with this system when certain requirements are met; computer, cable, etc.
- Must have your OWN computer, just being connected to a facility WiFi is not sufficient
- Must have your OWN Magic Jack
- You can use MagicJack on Wi-Fi-enabled computers that are connected to broadband Internet.
- One year manufacturer's warranty